Child Counselling Melbourne Northern Suburbs
Hello and Welcome!
I am a Clinical Social Work practitioner with 14 years post graduate years experience working with children, adolescents and adults. As an Accredited Mental Health Social Worker registered with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) I can offer Medicare rebate for some services, with a GP referral.
The main focus for my work is Children’s Counselling and is informed by a range of creative therapeutic modalities.. I am also experienced in working with teens and find creative approaches very successful with engaging young people.
I am experienced in providing Children's Counselling, Youth Counselling and associated parent sessions. We work with children and young people from 2 years and up. We work with all presentations including:
- Relational or Attachment issues,
- School refusal ... and many more.
Our Children's Counselling Approach
We value creative, experiential approaches to therapy such as Creative Arts Therapy and Play Therapy based approaches. We find them to be more effective than relying on the talking therapies alone.
Evon incorporates the following modalities in her approach to working with children:
- Creative Arts Therapy,
- Play Therapy,
- Narrative Therapy,
- Trauma informed practice,
- Emotion Coaching
I work with you and your child as a means of enhancing mental health and well being, building respectful relationships, mindfulness, and incorporating supportive parenting practices.
Why work with me?
- Would you like support to respond differently to your child or teen’s big emotions?
- Would you like to better understand your own triggers and feel calmer and more present?
- Would you like to get more out of your relationships?
- Has your child or family experienced a trauma that you would like support to recover from?
- Do you want to reconnect with your hopes, dreams or values and weave them into your parenting approach?
Child Therapy Space
I work from a Play Therapy room at Happy Hubbub co-working space in Preston. The room is set up to facilitate children feeling comfortable to play or make art in the therapeutic relationship. Parents are welcome to be part of the sessions, especially if it is helpful to help your child feel safe initially. Parent sessions are a space for feedback and compliment the Children’s Counselling process. I also work privately from North Fitzroy Counselling Rooms and as MBS Provider with Headspace.
- I offer individual, child parent (dyad) therapy, parent therapy.
- I love working in a group work model, where appropriate.
- I am a registered Tuning into Kids facilitator.
- I am available for consultation and supervision.
I respect the diversity of people’s life experiences and am experienced working with people from many cultural backgrounds and family types.
The way we work with you and your child
Firstly, you can expect to have an initial intake session with just you. The intake session could be one or two sessions during which we will discuss your concerns and hopes for therapy, some of the challenges your child and family have been experiencing and together we will decide a plan. This will occur prior to your child attending for therapy.
I look forward to hearing your journey and working with you!
Contact me today to discuss any queries or book an appointment